burnsA 10-year-old Saudi boy risked his life to save his family from a possible house fire, after the kerosene stove caught fire.

The stove had just been filled with kerosene and lit when it suddenly caught fire, endangering the boy, his sisters and maid in the house where they lived in the Saudi town of Qurayyat.

According to local media reports, the boy promptly lifted the burning stove and threw it in the toilet. With the help of his maid, he poured water on the burning stove until the fire was extinguished, burning himself in the process. He was immediately rushed to the local hospital.

Director of Civil Defence and neighbouring residents later visited the boy in hospital to congratulate him on his act of bravery.