RIYADH – A fire broke out Wednesday night on the roof of an Appeals Court, north Riyadh. Investigators suspect a short circuit inside one of the central air conditioning units caused the fire, said Capt. Muhammad Al-Hammadi, spokesman for Riyadh Civil Defense Directorate.
Ten teams of firefighters were able to douse the fire with the aid of a helicopter before it spread. No injuries were reported. Maintenance work at the court immediately commenced and teams began removing ash from the building and replacing damaged air conditioning cables. The court sent all staff home for a few days until maintenance work is finished and the building is declared safe for use again.
Prince Muhammad Bin Saad Bin Abdul Aziz, Deputy Emir of Riyadh, visited the court to survey the damages caused by the fire.
Article by: Mansour Al-Shehri
Source: Saudi Gazette