Nothing warms the mind, body and soul like a bowl of hot soup on a cold day
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 table spoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1 cup diluted milk
- 1 heaped table-spoon all-purpose flour
- 3 table spoon processed cheese ( used cream cheese here)
- 1 cup chopped skinless chicken breasts (you may skip this if you’re out of chicken)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- @ table spoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Melt 2 table spoon butter. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add broth and potato; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, until potato is tender.
- Combine milk and flour, stir well with a whisk.
- Add the milk mixture to potato mix; cook 5 min or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add cheese, stir until cheese melts. Stir in chicken, pepper, and salt. If desired, garnish with parsley.