Image: Mirror

Image: Mirror

Russia:€“ A young girl  sacrificed her life to save her baby brother in a tiny Russian village of Suuk-Chishma in the Russian Republic of Bashkortostan, Daily Mail reported.

Masha Yantuganova, died from severe burns after she threw herself on top of her baby brother, with the intent of saving him from boiling water.

Masha’€™s mother, Tatyana, said her one-and-a-half-year-old son would have been killed if not for the brave actions of his older sister.

Sadly, six-year-old Masha later died, after succumbing to severe third degree burns.

Dima, the younger child, had been playing inside their house with his sister when he accidentally caught a cable to an electric kettle with his leg, the parents of the kids shared as reported by Mirror.

As the electric kettle fell down and boiling water rushed towards the boy, Masha heroically threw herself on top of her brother.

Tatyana said she heard her daughter’€™s horrifying screams, as she saw Masha run out of the house looking for her mother.

“She was in terrible pain but didn’t cry as she didn’€™t want to worry me. She just kept saying that I had to take care of Dima, “the mother said.

Upon knowing what happened, other members of the family quickly called for an ambulance, while Tatyana soaked both children in icy water.

When time passed by and no ambulance came, the desperate mother borrowed a neighbour’s car and rushed her children to a local hospital.

Unfortunately, Tatyana said they were made to wait for up to an hour before they could see a doctor.

According to Tatyana, after waiting long, the doctors arrived and smeared ointment over her baby boy. However, the doctors said they had run out of ointment and did no™t have enough for Masha.

Left without a choice, the mother brought Masha to another hospital, but the little girl lost consciousness on their way. Reaching the next hospital, Masha was taken into intensive care unit, but unfortunately passed away after few hours.

“€œMasha died in the hospital. The doctors said she had burns on 60 percent of her body. She died because of lack of first aid, “the mother said.

“€œMy son Dima had burns to 40 percent of his body but he is alive because he got treatment,” she added.